Wednesday 2 August 2017

Few Thoughts in Occasion of my NEW BOOK

One of the main sources of anxiety for a scholar is the necessity to publish! You have to publish! Publish! Publish! Publish! 

While working on material to publish in academic journals, I decided to publish the thesis that I produced for my Master of Research. I decided to do that with a publisher that is very good at keeping the prices as low as possible and, more importantly, very efficient in making the publication easily accessible in as many parts of the world as possible (namely, Resource Publication, an imprint of Wipf and Stock). I published it with the title Luther's Augustinian Theology of the Cross, and with the subtitle The Augustinianism of Martin Luther's Heidelberg Disputation and the Origins of Modern Philosophy of Religion.

It was a rather strange feeling when I finally got the printed book in my hands. On the one hand, when I looked at the cover and I skipped quickly through the pages, the booked appeared to me like a dear son (forgive the exaggeration) for whose growth I laboured. On the other hand, after innumerable hours of work to finalise the manuscript, the content of the book was so familiar to me that I stopped reading only after a couple of lines. I could not read it anymore!

Jokes apart, I am glad and thankful for the final result, and I hope that my little contribution may benefit the readers.

Regarding the book, for the UK it is available on Amazon
For the USA, it can be purchased on the publisher website or on Amazon (if you want to use Amazon, check the Amazon website for your specific European [for example, Italynon-European country),
Also available on E-Book Kindle format.
The book is also available on Wordery and BookDepository with free worldwide delivery.


For many reasons, I have not posted in a while. This is my first post since February. But I plan to start again posting theological and philosophical stuff. The fact is that the life of a PhD student is so filled! I wonder how those other scholars do it... just joking. 😇 

©